Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Men of Murder, She Wrote. SEASON FIVE

Get ready for yet another chapter of television's best series, at least to me because of Angela Lansbury and for being great for "daddy watching." With the usual murders, spies, witches, a new sheriff and a wedding, Jessica has a lot going on. The fifth season of "Murder, She Wrote," like most other seasons, brought another batch of great daddies, as well as a hot regulars that appear on the show. So here's a run down of the actors I had a thing for that appeared this season.

EPISODE 01: "J.B., As in Jailbird" 
A chance encounter with her old British intelligence friend Michael Hagarty leaves Jessica charged with a murder she only witnessed. With her incarcerated, it's up to Grady and Michael to prove her innocence.

Hot ass Len Cariou returns as Jessica's MI6 friend Michael Hagarty. I mean seriously. If he's not rocking Jessica's world, why in the hell would she put up with him? But then again I'd be lost lost in beauty that is Michael Hagarty.
John Rhys-Davies as one of Michael's allies, Lancaster.
Michael Callan as Sgt. Nash, a not to bright cop investigating the case. Isn't that always the case, but like always, he's good to look at. 

EPISODE 03: "Mr. Penroy's Vacation" 
Cabot Cove breaks in its new sheriff; meanwhile Jessica can’t quite believe that two elderly sisters had anything to do with the deaths of two men they planted under their garden.

It's the first appearance of Ron Masak as new sheriff Mort Metzger. I guess it's out with the old and same with the new. As Mort isn't any better at the job than Amos Tupper was. She as Hell not as hot, but he does has some desirable qualities that I can admirer.
Norman Alden as Bart Klapper, an insurance investigator. Just how I like my PIs, rugged looking, tough and dangerous.
Richard Paul as mayor Sam Booth. This might be my imagination running wild, but it seems like he'd be a guy who gets pegged on a regular basis by his wife. And I would pay to see it.
And of course you can't have a show in Cabot Cove without seeing William Windom as Seth Hazlitt. Ole grumpy, teddy bear of man. I'm sure a good lay would fix that, but then you wouldn't be that ole, grumpy teddy bear of man that I love.

EPISODE 05: "Coal Miner's Slaughter" 
After businessman Tyler Morgan is murdered and a former student is arrested for the murder, Jessica investigates to clear her name.

Chuck Connors as murder victim Tyler Morgan. Yep, this is the 80s because of that damn poofy hair of his. 
Denver Pyle as Eben Connors. Giving me memories of uncle Jesse from the Dukes of Hazard.
Hoyt Axton as Sheriff Tate. A shame Hoyt died at 61. I'm sure he would have gotten even hotter than he was here. And I thought he was hot as hell here.

EPISODE 07: "The Last Flight of the Dixie Damsel" 
An Air Force inquiry into the newly discovered murder of a cargo plane crewman back in 1952 points to Jessica’s late husband Frank as the prime suspect.

It's cute as hell Martin Milner's second appearance on the show. This time as one Jessica’s late husband's air force buddies Clint Phelps. 
Clifton James usual play some kind of Southern characters with no difference here as Ray Dressler. And as annoying as those characters are, I'd still toss a fuck in him.  
Efrem Zimbalist Jr. as Gen. Marcus Havermeyer.
All in all, it was Dale Robertson as Lee Goddard that did it for me in this episode. Hell, Jessica left with him to spend more time together in the very next episode, so what does that tell you.

EPISODE 09: "Something Borrowed, Someone Blue" 
Grady's wedding day arrives, and so does an unpleasant fate for the shrewish housekeeper of his prospective father-in-law's estate.

Eugene Roche's third appearance, this time as Grady’s future father-in-law, Franklin Mayberry.   

EPISODE 10: "Weave a Tangled Web" 
The murder of a womanizing gambler leads to double lives being exposed in seemingly quaint and old-fashioned Cabot Cove.

It's the first appearance of Ron Masak as new sheriff Mort Metzger.
This is the episode where you see a new "stream lined" Seth Hazlitt as he called it. You can definitely see the weight lose since his last appearance in the third episode of the season. Thankfully it doesn't last long as I prefer a full figure Seth.

EPISODE 11: "The Search for Peter Kerry"
The emergence of a long-missing possible heir to millions serves only as a prologue to murder.

 Lane Smith as Chief Underwood
Mason Adams as Roger Philby

Lane Smith and Mason Adams. They both always seems get my attention, but I never really spanked it to either of them. Now that both are dead. I think I'll never will. Still handsome though. 

EPISODE 12: "Smooth Operators" 
While in New York, a missing shoe on the discovered dead body of a homeless person leads Jessica to believe the supposed accidental death was not an accident.

Barney Martin as Lt. Timothy Hanratty. I know, I know... The glasses, but they kinda do it for me. 

EPISODE 13: "Fire Burn, Cauldron Bubble" 
Cabot Cove is spooked by the apparent reappearance of a long-dead witch still practicing black magic.
Roddy McDowall as Gordon Fairchild. I can't say I have thing for Roddy, but I could toss him a dick.
Bruce Gray as R.L. Pearson, Esq. I just recently got into Bruce Gray... ha,ha... got into Bruce Gray. OK back on subject. I just recently notice Bruce so I retroactively trying to find stuff he has been in. So ***DADDY BONUS***

And the town regulars, Seth and Mort.

EPISODE 13: "From Russia with Blood" 
In Moscow, the KGB steps in after security men shoot a thief who ran off with Jessica’s purse – which, they discover, contains mysterious microfilm.

David McCallum as Cyril Grantham. Even though David pretty much looked the same for what seems like forever. It's only the last 10 years or so that he became hot to me. And I guess he's the only reason I'll watch NCIS now that Ziva gone.

EPISODE 14: "Alma Murder" 
Jessica is summoned to her old Alma Mater when one of her college professors confesses to a murder Jessica believes he didn't really commit.

Ralph Waite as D. A. Paul Robbins. There is just something hot about Ralph when he played a bad guy. Good ole Pa Walton committing a bad thing like murder. Make me wonder what other bad things we could possibly commit. Together maybe?
E.G. Marshall as Prof. Leon Walker.

EPISODE 17: "The Sins of Castle Cove" 
A vindictive, tell-all work of fiction mirroring Cabot Cove sends the townspeople into an uproar, and when a murder occurs following the plot of the book it's up to Jessica to separate fact from fiction.


I don't know why it annoyed so much seeing Seth snacking on carrots and celery. Maybe I just wanted to put something else in his month.

EPISODE 19: "Double Exposure" 
Jessica encounters a man in Boston whom she is convinced is her former neighbor, but when the man denies it and his wife claims the man is dead. Jessica recruits Harry McGraw to dig to the bottom of the mystery.

Jerry Orbach as Harry McGraw 
A young William Lucking as Lt. Roy Quinlan. Even at this age I'd still hit that. 
Jon Cypher as Nathan Swarthmore

EPISODE 20: "Three Strikes, You're Out" 
Jessica visits her nephew Johnny, recently recruited onto a Major League Baseball team, and then must solve the murder of a scheming news reporter.

 Vince Edwards as Harry Dial 
Here's a better view of him.
Paul Sorvino as Al Sidell 
Robert Mandan as Irving Randolph  

EPISODES 21 & 22: "Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall"
Eudora McVeigh, a rival mystery writer, arrives at Jessica's door with seemingly friendly intentions, but the discovery of a corpse and a web of deceit follows her to Cabot Cove leading Jessica to suspect the woman of ulterior and sinister motives.

Ken Howard as Hank Shipton. One of few times Ken has appeared without his head piece and if I remember correctly. This was the episode he caught my attention.


Poor Seth.. nearly poisoned to death. If it was me... I would have used poisoning for sympathy points to get Jessica in bed. I might be projecting. But then again... who else didn't want Jessica and Seth to get together. It can't just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment