Monday, October 13, 2014

In Remembrance: Pat Corley

A few months back I started making some posts of actor Pat Corley on my Tumblr and was a little surprise with the response. Come to find out a lot of people like him. Now that I think about it, I can see why. Short, heavy-set, with thick hairy fore arms and nice gravelly voice. He kinda reminds me of one of my all time favs, Charles Durning, another short, heavy-set actor that I wouldn't mind playing a game of hide the pickle with.

A Dallas native, known for his portrayals of tough yet wisely benevolent characters, Corley was perhaps best known as Phil, the all-knowing bartender / restaurateur, whom he played for eight years on "Murphy Brown." He appeared conspicuously (it was hard for a man his size to be  inconspicuous) in such films as "The Super Cops" (1973), "The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training" (1977), "Coming Home" (1978), "True Confessions" (1982), "Against All Odds"  (1984), "Mr. Destiny" (1990) and "All Dogs Go To Heaven 2" (1996) often cast as an antagonistic athlete or a law enforcement officer. In addition to his appearing on nine season of "Murphy Brown," Corley appeared in guest  roles on such series as "Kojak," "Roots," "Starsky And Hutch," "The Waltons," "Lou Grant," "St. Elsewhere," "Bay City Blues," "Moonlighting," "Hill Street Blues" and "Night Court." So I got a lot of possible wank material to search though.


He died of congestive heart failure in 2006 at the age of 76. I'm starting to see a pattern. I find or rediscovered someone I want to bone and they've been dead for years. Damn shame.





 Short, fat and hairy. Sounds like a party.



Looks like he could have been carrying a nice package. What am I saying... he's from Texas, of course he had a nice package.


No comments:

Post a Comment