Thursday, May 1, 2014

R.I.P. Bob Hoskins!

There have been a lot people we have lost over the past year or so and sadly, another one has just passed. Just found out that Bob Hoskins had died at the of 71 from pneumonia. His passing comes nearly two years after he retired from acting following a diagnosis of Parkinson's disease. To some, Hoskins was far from conventional leading-man material being short, bullet-headed, lacking any noticeable neck, but British film star who brought a singular mix of charm, menace and cockney accent to a variety of roles in such films as "Who Framed Roger Rabbit," "The Long Good Friday" and "Mermaids." Not surprising, all those films I mentioned, he had his shirt off in.

Though he had a handful of recognizable roles in films like "Pennies from Heaven" (1978), the aforementioned "The Long Good Friday" (1980), 1982's "Pink Floyd the Wall", 1985's "Brazil" and "Mona Lisa" (1986), it wasn't until "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" that he broke through to mainstream audiences. And like a lot of people, I fell in lust with that toon hating detective Eddie Valiant tough I didn't realize it at the time. Later on I wore out my copy at the exact moment we see Bob getting out of the shower. A pivotal movie in my young life. Surprised he suffered from hallucinations after months of interacting with imaginary characters. Kinda ironic, because I started hallucinating/dreaming about him. OFTEN.

Throughout his career, Hoskins gave us plenty material to fantasize about like the comic thriller "Heart Condition" (1990), the awful "Live Virgin" (1999) and as one of an ensemble of actors showing off their junk in "Mrs. Henderson Presents" (2005). A lot of fantasy jerk off nights from those films. The appeal of Hoskins is that he's just a very hot regular guy. These films solidify's that.

R.I.P. Bob Hoskins!
Another handsome Bear taken from this world to soon.  

Bob Hoskins had a young Ed Asner look to him. Sadly I'll never have the joy of watching him slowly morph into older Ed Asner.



 He could bang his nuts on my chin any day... In fact I'd pay for it.


 Who can forget Hoskins in this shower scene in "The Long Good Friday" Shot many a load over this one.




 Got a boner yet? I know I do.


That's how fucking hot he is. He's got Cher in his bed.
 Again. That's how fucking hot he is. He's got Frasier in his bed.


 Hot ass  Eddie Valiant.



This is how I like to remember him.

No comments:

Post a Comment