Monday, December 12, 2016

Richard Dysart (1929-2015)


Recently, I discovered another favorite actor of mine from my childhood had died. Richard Allen Dysart was an American actor, who probably best-known for the cranky senior partner Leland McKenzie in the slick, long-running NBC drama 'L.A. Law'. He caught my attention in that show but I didn't know why until years later.

The esteemed actor, who excelled at playing real-life authority figures, also stood out on Broadway in 'That Championship Season' and in such films as 'The Hospital,' 'Being There,' 'The Thing' and 'Pale Rider.' And everybody that knows me, know I love authority figures and his portrayal of Leland McKenzie in 'L.A. Law' really did it for me. He had a nice shape and his face was adorable as fuck with those glasses on while still retaining a serious look. Dysart seem the hottest to me in movies where there's more than one other hot daddy on screen with him. Like the aforementioned 'The Thing' with Donald Moffat, Charles Hallahan and a young Richard Masur or my personal favorite 'True Confessions'  where appeared with Robert De Niro, Robert Duvall and the ever hot as fuck Charles Durning among others.

Dysart died at home in Santa Monica, California on April 5, 2015, after a long illness at the age of 86. According to Steven Bochco, Dysart was sort of an old hippie in life but I'd like to remember him as cranky senior partner Leland McKenzie. And it's me who everybody is shocked to see him in bed with.






Dysart with his wife, Kathryn.


Here he is with all the male cast members of  L.A. Law.












You know what? He's rocking that beard.







No comments:

Post a Comment