Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Burly Hollywood Icon


There have been a lot of mature actors that I liked who have died over the years, but I'm single out one particular man for your perusal in Rod Steiger. A renowned character actor  who never liked that label, left his mark on 1950s and '60s Hollywood with forceful performances in such critical favorites as "On the Waterfront" and "The Pawnbroker," culminating in an Oscar for "In the Heat of the Night."

As some may know, I do like a big man and he a particularly nice one. Steiger was a stocky, bull-necked man with piercing eyes, a brooding presence and an aggressive body language. In his adult life, he battled with recurrent depression, four turbulent marriages, heavy drinking, chronic overeating, a tendency to violence - was as troubled as his  childhood. I'm sure daddybear lovers would have consoled him (by which I mean intense fondling and licking of his cock and balls).

Outspoken, goofy, shaved-headed, method ham, Steiger made so much shit, and turned in so many ridiculously over-the-top performances that it makes my head spin. He could be  very good, but it usually took a quality script and a director who could reign in the great ham. I've had a thing for Rod since seeing "Men of Respect." He did have a few other memorable shirtless scenes throughout his career, notably  in "The Illustrated Man," "The Loved One" (where you can see he had a nice ass on him), the forementioned "Men of Respect" and in one of his last films "A Month of Sundays." He gets ***DADDY BONUS*** points for the fact that he was in a gay theme film called "The Sergeant" where he played a decorated sergeant who was infatuate with one of his soldiers.

Despite myriad health problems and less sterling job offers from the 1970s onward, Steiger never stopped acting before he passed away in 2002.

 He's around 30 here. Way younger than I like, but I'd still go to town on him. 

 Rod's been married 5 times. 5 times? Damn... 5 times. Here he is with wife #2, Claire Bloom.
 Here he is with wife #4, Paula Ellis.
 Here he is with wife #5, Joan Benedict.

 Here he is in his Oscar winning role as Gillespie in "In the Heat of the Night” with his chunky frame and serious-looking face.



 Here the role that pulled me in, “The Illustrated Man.” 





 I don’t like a lot of tattoos and something like this would be a killer. Actually, you know what, I probably still would. 


 I just love a man with a nice meaty ass.
***DADDY BONUS***

 I just love a big man who wears snug clothing. You almost don't need to see them naked.


 Just look at that. He's ready to burst out of those PJs.






No comments:

Post a Comment