Sunday, September 13, 2015

Carroll O'Connor (1924–2001)


Come with me now, gentle readers, as I transport you back to the late 80's, early 90's and the days of my youth. To remember one of the first men I've admire. One Carroll O'Connor. I first fell in lust with O'Connor for his role as crusty police chief William 'Bill' Gillespie on the crime drama "In the Heat of the Night." O'Connor captured my imagination so much that he still remains one of the key templates of what a daddy should be like to me. Chubby, grey hair, gentle features but with a hint 'I'll fuck you up if you cross me' added for good measure.

Beautiful blue eyes, thinning white hair, his legs were thick as a full-back, beefy forearms and thick, meaty hands. He had me every week watching "In the Heat of the Night" just to get a glimpse of him. But as hot as he looked on the show, he looked insanely gorgeous as Archie on reruns of "All in the Family." Yes a rarity for me. Liking a man when they were younger. I don't know if it was way he carried himself: the tousled hair, the bone-weary shamble, the plaintive Irish eyes rolling heavenward at the dingbats and pinkos who surrounded him in his own house. Or me wanting to bend him over that chair and pound the bigotry right out of that sweet ass of his. Even though O'Connor was nothing like his alter ego, Archie. Being shy, soft-spoken, introverted, intellectual and liberal. He had a charm that would have had me on my knees in minutes of speaking with him. Just sheer daddy perfection.

O'Connor is listed as #20 on TV Land's Top 50 TV Icons Countdown, but is #2 in my all time actors that I'd like to fuck senseless list. Well, he would probably say the latter was by far his least most memorable accomplishment. Still O'Connor was one of the five most important characters in my budding sexual fantasies.

He may not have been traditional-leading-man handsome, but I've always found Mr. O'Connor nice looking. 








 Look at those big blue eyes. Gorgeous!


 I wish I was him right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment