Monday, May 23, 2016

Eddie Albert


Well the guy I offer for your delectation this week was a versatile actor who moved smoothly from the Broadway stage to movies and television for more than 50 years in his career. His name is Eddie Albert and he has been gone for a while but I still think he was a handsome daddy during his day.

Many may not have known that the white-haired fellow with the congenial face and distinctive tenor voice was a distinguished actor with a long career in radio, on Broadway, in the movies and on TV. Most people remember him as Oliver Douglas, a New York lawyer-turned-farmer on the comedy "Green Acres," which I caught on reruns as a kid. He didn't catch my fancy until I saw the movie "Dreamscape" where he briefly offs his PJ top. After doing some  research, I found out Mr. Albert was shirtless in a lot of things including some episodes of "Green Acres" I missed. Apparently, he didn't mind taking his shirt off for a roles which is a plus for me. And with a hairy body like that, I don't blame him.

Eddie was also a dedicated environmentalist. Because of him, Earth Day falls on his birthday, April 22. Thanks to him, the use of the chemical pesticide DDT was discontinued, due to the sudden decrease in the pelican population in California. He was a war hero as well, and was at the battle of Tarawa, one of the bloodiest battles of World War II. He rescued seventy Marines during rescue missions, and was awarded the Bronze Star. He died of pneumonia  at his home at the age of 99.







Just look at that body. 
I know I like em with a little more #s to them, but a nice body is a nice body.















Green Acres sure is the place to be. 
Especially if there's hot daddies walking around looking like this.












No comments:

Post a Comment