Monday, April 28, 2014

Attack of the Clones?

They say that everyone has at least one look alike in the world, and according to an old urban legend our double lives in the opposite part of the globe from where we are. Of course that’s not real, but if you think rationally there are some people out there that looked just a like. Being a huge admirer of the late Charles Durning and couldn't help but notice a lot of other actors over years who bears a resemblance and or carry the same presence as Durning did. Which brings me to this thought. Maybe some one out there in the universe saw greatness in Mr. Durning and want to recreate the perfection that was Durning.

Which brings us to my first examples, Charles Durning and David Huddleston.


A lot of people always get them confused. Even I, at one point. If you would have asked me a while back, I would have sworn on my life that Charles Durning was "The Big Lebowski." When both were at their heaviest, you definitely couldn't tell them apart. Though David was younger and taller (5'11" to Durning's 5'8") they share many similarities, that you couldn't help but get them confused. And if you think of Santa Claus in a movie, you can't help but think either Charles Durning or David Huddleston.

My next  examples, Charles Durning and Kenneth McMillan. 


Though with these two, have a similar presence than looks but still most people can't differentiate the two. Even going over both their careers, with the exception of "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" and maybe one or two more roles. Durning and McMillan could have switched career roles and there wouldn't be much difference. You need a short, stocky, silver-haired Irish man who could play gruff and combative or gentle and funny, either ones your man. And either one could catch a dick from me.

Charles Durning and Jack McGee.


Jack has been told he looks like Charles Durning before they met and when they finally did. This is what Charles said "Who the fuck you think you are looking like me?" Frankly I'd have to agree with him. Jack is basically looked like a young Charles Durning and not in just looks. They both are/were short Irish men from New York that over the years have been at the center of so many of my dirty little fantasies. Hell, Durning should have play McGee's dad instead of Denis Leary.

Jack McGee and Raymond O'Connor


Hell, even Jack has look a like actor in Raymond O'Connor. And like Charles Durning, O'Connor and McGee share the same similarities even born in the Bronx. What I wouldn't give to get in a three way with these two. Some would say O'Connor is a poor man's Jack McGee being less known. But I don't care. That just means I'll have more time with him. LOL





No comments:

Post a Comment